Wednesday, January 21, 2009

At the Beginnings


Intro


Anthoine

de Sauvage



Dear Subjects,


The correspondence that follows took place during a difficult time a number of years ago, well before the current crisis and at a period when these trying situations had not yet evolved, or perhaps I should say devolved, into the critical problems we have lately faced, problems which have, as you know, led to my forced retirement and exile to a place that grieves me greatly but a place where I will be able to transmogrify in peace.

 

I had always been used to light and water and to be deprived of these has hampered the use of my critical faculties and, in fact, caused me great suffering.  Of humanity I miss little; companionship has never flowered in my garden and my solitary nature has deepened in this strange and isolated aether.  I am now prepared to metamorphoses  into my next and hopefully final situation. With any luck I will be one of the inanimates and be on the surface rather than buried in the cold time.


I decided some time ago that the situations of the past needed an explanation and that is why they are here, now before you, their pools of knowledge and understanding still obscure until they are absorbed. Clarity is all I seek and I ask your patience in deciphering what transpired. It will be difficult for some of you to understand and sympathize with the accounts of the Europeans of that time but I ask for your patience and empathy for they had not yet evolved or even started pupation.


I have been involved in the cause now for many many units of time and I find that I am looking forward to the end of suffering and the beginning of the other way and have decided to honor the past with this correspondence.



Thank You, and may all that has gone by meet you in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment